de Vries Arts
2015 - Current
- Character art for games/video/3D print
- Low poly modeling
- High-res sculpting
- Concept art/Illustration
- Unity integration and gameplay prototyping
- Game design & development
- FX for games
For details, see projects below.
Nov 2015 - Jul 2018
- Animation principles
- Character animation for games
- 2D animation in Adobe Animate, Photoshop and Unity
- 3D animation in Maya
- Rigging basics in Maya
- VFX for games in Unity
- Art integration in Unity
As part of this curriculum I coded a small game called 'Stick Figure Fighter' in Unity, which was fully functional excluding graphics.
Students were to design and animate their character according to specs, then run it through the export-import process to get a feel for real game art production.
Jan 2008 - Feb 2015
Character art (modeling/sculpting/texturing)
- Environment art
- Physics setup for vehicle/building destruction
- Tools, scripting & pipeline development
- Shader coding (cgfx/hlsl/Unity CG)
- Vis Dev
- Level building & building methods
- FX (Unity & Maya)
- Team lead & supervision
While having worked on projects from start to finish, I was heavily involved in the start of a project.
There I would research and develop the production methods, set up the pipeline, develop tools (in Maya) for artists to use and develop visual targets for further art production.
University of Amsterdam
Doctorandus(MA) in Social and Political Philosphy, with a minor in Aesthetics.
University of Leiden
Propaedeutics in Psychology